Quick Tips on the Choosemyplate.gov website!!!
- Previously known as the food pyramid or MyPyramid from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Take away the guesswork of nutrition for the entire day and simply focus on one meal at a time!
- Use with all ages!
- Useful website with sample menus, tips, lesson plans, and information for each food group.
- Food groups and examples
- Tips to increase food groups into daily diet
- Portion size tips
- Why it's important?
- How much is needed?
- How to increase physical activity for all ages?
- Online food journal
- Food-a-pedia (food database listing with nutritional value information)
- Portion distortion
- Empty calories
- Dietary guidelines
- 10 tip series
Healthy Eating Tips
- Sample menus
- Tips to eat healthy when eating out
- Popular topics
- What's cooking?
- For professionals
- For consumers
- Related resources (other government agencies)
Visit choosemyplate.gov to find more and start creating YOUR healthy plate!!!