Here are some tips for avoiding the "Freshman Fifteen".
- Click Here for MyPlate to help you create a balanced, nutritious meal. The Food Pyramid is old news in case you have not heard!
- Do not skip meals. Even if you have back to back classes, bring snacks with you.
- Go for baked, grilled, or steamed options instead of fried foods.
- Keep your dorm full of healthy snacks like granola bars, fresh or dried fruit, veggies, nuts and seeds.
- Bigger is not always better...watch your portion sizes.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated without extra calories.
- Avoid alcoholic and high sugar beverages because they are high in calories and have few nutrients.
- Keep moving! Exercise in any form will help you stay at a healthy weight and manage your stress.